Statistics on Survivors with Disabilities and Domestic Violence
- Half of all women will experience domestic violence in their lifetimes. This applies to deaf, hard of hearing and deaf blind women. (1 in 2 women)
- Approximately 1.3 million women experience physical assault by intimate partner each year
- Studies estimate that between 70%-85% of cases of abuse against women with disabilities go unreported
- Women with disabilities have a 40% greater risk of violence than those without disabilities.
- Females who are 18-24 years of age are at the greatest risk for intimate partner violence.